Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Orange love







Yes, I am in love with this orange. Food options in Cabo range from marlin tacos to cream cheese-filled pizzas, hamburgers to helado hygenico. (So I made that last one up. But there is a place called Helados El Hygenico.) And one day in the gigantic grocery store we'd just discovered, we encountered a mountainous tumble of oranges better than globes of milk chocolate. In the check-out line, the college student behind us was buying five gallons of juice. "Is that for mixing?" Adam inquired. "No," the guy said. "This is just the best orange juice I've ever had in my life. You should buy some." I went back to pick up a liter, which we drank on the school bus that took us through the hot winding streets down to the bay, past the "New York on Ice" figure-skating rink and advertisements for luchas libres, past loncherias and shoe stores selling ostrich huaraches.

No comments: