Sunday, October 3, 2010

Building a better mousetrap

The main question I have is how did it get here. How? I was reading Tallulah a bedtime story. She was lying there, looking up, when suddenly she exclaimed, “Look! A little mouse!” She says many outrageous things that turn out to be true. I looked. There was nothing. A second later, a mouse appeared in the porthole. It seemed surprised when I squeaked with delighted dismay. Later, in the night, I was awakened by a loud crunching sound. There was the mouse again, silhouetted in the moonlight. When it saw me it threw up its little hands and ran away. We read on the internet about how to make a no-kill mousetrap using a 2-liter Coke bottle, but the mouse went in there and ate the food, leaving only a little je m’en foûtre behind. The ante has been upped.

1 comment:

bobbybradley53 said...

That's an interesting trap idea...would be awesome if it worked out. I've heard of that method before. I usually just buy traps. Victor makes ones that seal the mouse inside, including any diseases it has. It’s 100% hygienic: http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m265#desc